Completed in May 2016, the Burwood Hospital Redevelopment represents an integral part of Christchurch’s healthcare capability. Utilising a specialist international healthcare design team with Jasmax as the lead consultant, the project delivers a world-class healthcare facility. The project includes space for 230 new inpatient beds, a new front of house area including a new main entrance and café, an extended radiology department, an extended outpatient and procedural area and new kitchen and back of house support areas to service the increased hospital size.
Design is informed by both sustainable building methods, materials and operations and local cultural references and practices.
This project was delivered by Jasmax, Klein and Sheppard & Rout in association.
- 2017 NZIA Local Branch Award - Winner - Public Architecture
- 2017 PCNZ Property Industry Awards - Excellence - Health and Medical Property
- 2017 NZ Commercial Project Awards - National Category Winner - Health
- 2017 Commercial Project Awards - Gold - Health
- 2017 Best Awards - Gold - Healthcare
- 2017 Best Awards - Silver - Built Environment